Saturday, July 19, 2008

#10: Pope Benedict at Randwick Racecourse

Candlelight vigil with Pope Benedict on Saturday evening..With my binoculars I could barely see him, but it was neat just being amongst all those people..all for the same reason.



We slept under the stars that night, and yes! it was cold! I had an emergency blanket below me and wrapped around me. I had a hat, gloves, socks, and layers of clothes on in my failing attempts to stay warm!


I ended up staying in the adoration tent with Jesus quite a bit that night. It was warmer, and how often can you spend the night with Jesus?!


First thing Sunday morning, I was just going for a walk. Out of no where they decide to block off the road and no one can get through. I'm usually a patient person ;)...so I decided to wait. I had no idea the Pope was going to drive right in front of me in his pope-mobile! This was the closest I ever got to him. My pictures didn't turn out the best, but I'll always remember it!





The best view I could get of him was on the big screen. I heard there was somewhere between 400,000-600,000 people at this event.


Check out this aerial view I found online! The altar is the red building in the upper left corner of the picture. I had no idea I was part of something so huge!! (I think I was somewhere near the middle of this picture)


Australia has been in a drought for a while. Throughout the week, and at the final Mass we prayed for rain...the clouds were there, but the rain waited till we cleared out of Randwick. Talk about Divine Intervention!

No comments: